Depends on Experience
Precision Systems is committed to quality, continuous improvement, and providing a rewarding and challenging work environment for its employees. Over 50% of our employees have 10+ years with the company! We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a team atmosphere.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Company Funded Health Reimbursement Account with an Eligible Medical Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Vacation and Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Purchase Program
Maintain financial reports, records and general ledgers; prepare budgets and perform general bookkeeping such as journal entries, reconciling checking account, and month and year end closing activities. Maintain all schedules for month-end fixed assets, prepaid, accruals and reclassifications. Collect and analyze data to determine cost of production activities including raw materials, inventory, and labor. Provides management with recommendations by researching and analyzing financial information.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Create budgets and standard costs for labor and overhead. Review selling prices, cost of products sold, and gross margins. Make recommendations to management based on financial data.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, etc. to determine effects on cost. Make estimates of new and proposed product costs. Analyze actual manufacturing costs and preparing reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Maintain accurate accounts receivable records by calculating and posting receipts to appropriate general ledger accounts and verify details of transactions, such as monies received and total account balances.
- Prepare journal entries, monthly balance sheet reconciliations and financial reporting according to monthly and year-end close schedule. Identify and remediate reconciling items.
- Act as a liaison with outside auditors and assist with annual audit and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
- Manage an AP/AR Clerk including training and checking work for accuracy.
- Manage and process company payroll. Prepare and record monthly journal entry for payroll. Analyze payroll reports and make payroll entries into the general ledger. Run various reports including 401k and Flexible Spending Account reports and electronically submit data.
- Oversee the company’s IT provider and be the point of contact for company IT needs including hardware and software issues and updates.
- Coordinate Human Resource activities with the HR Consultant and assist employees with benefit and payroll questions. Partner with the HR Consultant in the administration of employee benefits including carrier and plan selection and open enrollment. Conduct annual financial analysis of benefit plans and make recommendations to management.
Reports directly to the president and is a member of the leadership team responsible for providing focus, direction, and purpose to build and sustain the long-term success of our company, customers, team members, and community.
The Controller supervises an Accounts Payable/Receivable Clerk. Supervisory responsibilities include making hiring recommendations; making final hiring decisions; instructing and training in work methods; planning, scheduling and assigning work; checking and approving work; conducting performance evaluations; recommending salary adjustments; making effective recommendations regarding promotions, determining disciplinary actions regarding unsatisfactory employees; and making recommendations to terminate unsatisfactory employees.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years experience in accounting. Cost accounting experience required, manufacturing accounting experience preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education and work experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Ability to work independently, investigates problems, initiate solutions, work under deadline constraints, and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including sensitivity and ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Account balancing and reconciling skills.
- Knowledge of standard accounting principles, methods, and applications.
- Ability to compile, analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Ability to set up and maintain financial accounts and ledgers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- Basic Equipment and Machinery: This position requires the regular use of a computer, printer, copier, fax machine, scanner, and calculator.
- Computer Software: Microsoft Office, E2, Payentry
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing, analyzing, and interpreting data and figures, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Work is performed in a typical office work environment with occasional exposure to the manufacturing floor.
Precision Systems is an AAP/EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status.