$41,000-$55,000 Per year dOE
Precision Systems is committed to quality, continuous improvement, and providing a rewarding and challenging work environment for its employees. Over 50% of our employees have 10+ years with the company! We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a team atmosphere.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Company Funded Health Reimbursement Account with an Eligible Medical Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Vacation and Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Purchase Program
Procure supplies, materials, and equipment for PSMI. Build relationships with suppliers to ensure the procurement of high quality materials, expedient delivery, and dependable service at optimum price.
essential Duties and and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Identify and evaluate suppliers, place orders, and verify delivery to obtain the best value in material and services to support production job requirements.
- Work with technical data packages and engineer drawings to verify correct materials are purchased.
- Manage and maintain documents using ERP system, electronic data storage, and Excel.
- Develop strong, collaborative, working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Assist in procurement planning and development of commodity strategies to support organizational goals.
- Work collaboratively with receiving, cross train, and work in that area as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
- A./A.S. in Supply Chain Management or related degree.
- 4+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A./B.S. in Supply Chain Management or related degree.
- Experience in metals, machining, and fabrication.
- Training and experience in contract negotiations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to think strategically and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Strong analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Ability to read and write, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Ability to utilize a computer and related software applications to send/receive e-mail messages, post information to a database or spreadsheet and perform basic word processing and/or data entry.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, AND SOFTWARE USED:
This position requires the regular use of office equipment.
Computer Software: Microsoft Office, Shop Tech ERP System
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and reading.
- Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel, reach, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that may be encountered while performing the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in a typical office work environment with occasional exposure to the manufacturing floor which may include:
Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
Occupational hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, exposure to chemicals, exposure to serious injury (e.g. crushed fingers, extensive burns, broken bones).
Atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
Oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and/or other lubricating or cutting fluids.
Precision Systems is an AAP/EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status.