VP of Operations
Depends on Experience
Precision Systems is committed to quality, continuous improvement, and providing a rewarding and challenging work environment for its employees. Over 50% of our employees have 10+ years with the company! We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a team atmosphere.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Company Funded Health Reimbursement Account with an Eligible Medical Plan
- 401(k) with company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Vacation and Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Purchase Program
Duties and Requirements:
The Quality Manager is responsible for directing and supervising a team of employees involved in inspection and quality control procedures with regard to purchased material, in-process material and finished products to assure that quality control standards are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide the tools, inspection support, documentation, process and system controls, and training to support production and meet customer specifications.
- Provide resources and direction to support ISO certification and development throughout the company.
- Lead customer quality improvements and address issues and concerns with internal and external customers and effectively communicate as a representative of the Quality Department and company.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts by building quality into our products, processes, and practices. Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies in the department and company and develop and implement solutions.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend new tools and systems.
- Maintenance of equipment and tools assigned to the Quality team.
- Ensure the safety of our team, contractors, vendors, and visitors in the Quality Department.
- Provide focus, direction, and purpose to build and sustain the long-term success of our company, customers, team members, and the community.
- Collaborate and contribute to the overall direction of the company as part of the leadership team to meet and exceed the needs of all stakeholders.
- Meet and exceed the needs of both internal and external customers of the Quality Department.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Associate degree in a technical field preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing, 5S, and Six Sigma desired.
- Knowledge of Inspection and Quality Control methods, techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of measuring instruments and complicated drawings.
- Knowledge of military specifications including documentation, FAI, and paint desired.
- Ability to travel occasionally to visit customers and suppliers with some overnights.
Precision Systems is an AAP/EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status.